11 Things You Didn’t Know About PC Pitstop

PC Pitstop, makers of PC Matic, have been present in the computer technology industry since 1999.  But how much do you know about the company?  Here are the top eleven things the average Joe, likely doesn’t know about PC Pitstop.

11 Things You Likely Didn’t Know About PC Pitstop

  1. Since its inception in 1999, PC Pitstop, makers of PC Matic, has been a work at home company.  Running a work at home company has its challenges, but it allows us to hire the best talent for any position.  We are growing fast and always looking for new talent.  Drop us a resume and a cover letter here.
  2. Starting in 2010, our creative was produced by Studio Center in Virginia Beach, VA.  In late 2012, we moved creative production in house.  We currently use a Seinheiser microphone, Nikon DSLR camera and green screen.  We are looking to upgrade our lighting and camera in the near future.
  3. PC Pitstop has one non USA-based employee.  His name is Augusto Matos from Brazil.  Augusto was the best man in Rob Cheng’s wedding and Rob Cheng was best man in Augusto’s wedding.
  4. The mastermind behind our white list technology is Rob Woodworth, Vice President of Malware Research and Development.  In addition to being a mastermind, Rob enjoys motorcycle racing, diving into dark underwater caves, and jumping out of airplanes.
  5. We hold two company meetings to unite our work at home workforce.  The last evening, we hold a party and invite customers and resellers from the area.  Our last meeting was held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in April 2017.  The next meeting will be in Pittsburgh in October.
  6. We established our first major advertising partner with Fox News in October 2010.  After so many years, we still advertise regularly on Fox News.
  7. Prior to PC Pitstop, Rob Cheng was a Senior Vice President at Gateway Computers responsible for sales, marketing and support worldwide.  The Gateway connection explains PC Pitstop’s Iowa mailing address.  Rob Cheng lives in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
  8. As its name suggests, PC Pitstop was not intended to be a security or antivirus company.  PC Pitstop started as a web site to make computers run faster.  In its heyday, PC Pitstop was one of the top 1,000 websites in the entire world.
  9. Shortly after we started the web site, PC Pitstop, we began the forums where like minded people could discuss PC performance issues or just to meet other PC Pitstop users.  18 years later, the forums still exist, and frequently a place where we recruit new employees.  In fact, Doug Bender, was hired in 2005 and became of one of our first employees, and our first PC Pitstop retiree.
  10. We do not have an agency for our TV media buys.  We purchase internally and save the 15% agency fees to justify more aggressive media spends.  Currently, we advertise on Fox News, CNN, Headline News, MSNBC, Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, and Weather Channel.
  11. PC Pitstop is the only security company that has no investors.  When Rob Cheng started the company in 1999, he invested $1M of his own money.  Rob owns 90% of the company, and the other 10% are owned by employees in the form of stock and equity grants.  The company is growing fast, profitable, and a large cash balance which has enabled it to remain independent of outside investment.

Want to get monthly tips & tricks?

Subscribe to our newsletter to get cybersecurity tips & tricks and stay up to date with the constantly evolving world of cybersecurity.

Related Articles